PLAN A HOLIDAY- IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!
- Have you planned a holiday this year?
- How would you feel if you did?
Planning a holiday is fun and exciting! The thought of leaving behind all your stress and worries, work, commitments, responsibilities and all those mundane day to day jobs that need to be done, like shopping, cleaning, washing and making the damn bed. How awesome would that be! I get excited just thinking about it!
It’s not hard to plan a holiday! The first thing is the destination( unless you want to go on a road trip and focus on the journey). But if you are someone that likes to plan it all out first, find a destination. That is the hard part, there are so many amazing places in this world to go and explore, it’s difficult to decide where.
Also, it’s a great idea to plan your holiday in advance, maybe months or even a year. That way you can save a bit each week or even get yourself a money tin and put a bit of money in that every week. I have found that works well! Holidays don’t need to be expensive and some of the best ones are the cheapest, like camping, singing around a campfire and eating marshmallows.
So now you have the destination and funds worked out, all you have to do is decide on what to bring. Depending on your means of travel depends on what you bring. Wheather it’s backpacking, you just take necessities that will fit in your bag. Camping you can take much more, tent, boat, bikes, sleeping bags etc. Flying you usually only take what fits in your suitcases. Caravans are good because you can take the whole kitchen sink lol. Whatever way you decide to travel will be awesome.
Why is planning a holiday is good for your health?
- Reduces Stress- Studies have shown that holidays work to reduce stress by removing people from the activities and environments that they associate with stress and anxiety. To much stress in our lives can cause a lot of negative ailments and dis-eases.
- Laughter– If you’re enjoying yourself your more than likely to laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine. Research shows that a good belly laugh can strengthen the immune system by releasing endorphins, the bodies ‘feel good’ chemicals.
- Better Sex– A holiday can rekindle a relationship. A US study showed that 77% of couples who travel together enjoy more romance, relationship satisfaction, and better sex. Relaxation during romantic getaways creates chemicals in our brains such as oxytocin, which makes us feel close and loving.
- Excercise– One of the best ways to improve your health. It helps to improve your heart, lose weight, healthier lungs and improve your whole cardiovascular system. The more active you are the more you get your heart pumping. When on holidays we tend to walk more and participate in outdoor activities like swimming, bike riding, canoeing, tennis, golf etc.
So I hope you guys are inspired and motivated to take that trip you’ve been procrastinating about for so long. Make no excuses and just do it, for you, your health and your loved ones. Where will you leave your footprints? Would love to see all your holiday pics and experiences, leave comments below .Happy travels.
Be Kind, Be Free, Be You